Tennessee’s 1st Congressional District
Marty Olsen is a trusted local physician who wants to take care of East Tennessee in a new way – by representing us in Congress.
Marty wants what’s best for East Tennessee – check out his statement of beliefs and core values here to learn how he can help you.
Want to meet Marty? Check out our calendar to view a schedule of events he’ll be attending, or to invite him to your event.
Click here for more information about Tennessee District 1, as well as a map of the district.
Want to help out with the campaign? Click the donate link above to contribute, or click here to find out how you can volunteer.
What is Responsible Change?
Most Americans tend to share the same goals for our society, despite differences in the ways we hope to achieve them. Marty believes that we can work together to reach these goals and to responsibly change American society for the better. Here are the ideas that form the foundation of what Marty believes we can accomplish together:
- Most Americans believe that every child in America, no matter what that child’s ethnic background, or gender, or sexual orientation, or religion should be able to have dreams and anticipate the reality of those dreams in her or his future.
- Most Americans believe that education is the key to future progress, and that public education is the cornerstone of our future.
- Most Americans believe that cutting taxes on the richest people in our country while passing on debts to our children is irresponsible and harmful to future generations
- Most Americans recognize that sometimes our neighbors need a little help. We want our neighbors to succeed, we want our neighbors to contribute, but we know that some are so beaten down that they need a nudge or assistance before they can make future contributions.
- Most Americans believe that the air we breathe, the water we drink, the trees in our Appalachian forests and the beauty of nature are precious and must be preserved for our children, our grandchildren, and future generations.